We're in the final stretch of #acrochallengeilm
. Here's Day 6: Throne/High Flying Whale Transition. Late to join!? No worries just post all days by Sunday evening!
1. Flyer comes to stand at shoulders of base facing away. Base extends legs to sky, placing feet at the thutt (thigh butt connection) and drawing hands to flyer's ankles. Flyer's hands move to base's ankles for support.
2. Base presses heels straight to sky, scooping flyer's sitting bones into arches of the feet. Base takes a hand at a time away from ankles and to the bottom on flyer's feet. Flyer cross hands over chest.
3. Flyer extends a leg and pours weight into opposite side, base removes foot from thutt of extended leg. As flyer hinges backwards from core base places free foot to scapula of flyer.
4. Flyer extends remaining bent leg, base takes hand to underside of ankle. Flyer pours weight into side with shoulder blade supported, base removes remaining foot from thutt placing it to support free shoulder blade (Flyer may keep arms over chest, draw hands to heart, or extend arms overhead for a deeper backbend). (TIP: If flyer wants more sensation, base can point through toes to deepen the offering of the backbend. If flyer needs less, base will flex feet for a gentler approach.) 5. Flyer tightens core and bends knees to bring feet into hands of base. Flyer pours weight into one side, initiates a situp. Base removes foot from shoulder blade, placing it under sitting bone of same side. Second foot follows.
6. To exit: Base returns hands to flyer's ankles and bends knees to draw flyer's feet back to the ground. Don't forget to release the flyer's ankles so they can walk away!
Grab a partner (and a spotter, too!), do your best, and show us what you've got! Tag your hosts, #acrochallengeilm
, and a friend who might want to join in for a chance to win Longwave Yoga Swag and one complimentary evening drop in for the upcoming May 5-Week Series. Check in with @the_outdoor_yogi for today's modification. We'll see you tomorrow for Day 7!